Monday, August 6, 2018

God's Creatures, Our Domain

Of God's creatures, horses are probably the most pampered and most abused. Horses have families, they have friends. These two mares are friends, they go everywhere together. The old red one is a crippled up broken down Standardbred racehorse. She was bred to run, or in her case trot or pace. After she broke down she was used as a broodmare. I wonder what became of her offspring? I can guess but I won't go into the greed and economy of producing horses for the race industry.
I don't know the history of the pretty pinto mare. Before long these to will be retrieved by their owner of this pasture. They will most likely be split up. Owner doesn't see more than broodmares. I see kind willing friendly souls worthy of respect. I can't save all the horses, I do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment